Returning This Summer- Join the Oak Lawn Park District in achieving our goal of completing 45 million steps as a community! Last summer's step challenge was a great success and we doubled our goal of 15 million steps as a community. Our final step total last summer was 38,676,806 steps, which is equivalent to about 16,588 miles! Let's push ourselves for even more steps this summer! We know Oak Lawn can conquer this challenge together, so let's get outside and enjoy the nice summer weather being active outdoors! Register for this challenge beginning June 4th and help us by seeing if you can reach your individual goal of 900,000 steps by summer's end! The challenge will run from June 25 - September 21, 2018. Registration deadline for this event is Friday, July 27. Please see below for the complete challenge rules and to see our progress towards 45 million steps!
Community Challenge: 45 Million Community Steps for Summer; Individual Goal of 900,000 Steps for Summer
- Starts and ends with the 2018 Summer Season! June 25 – Sept 21
- Registration Deadline for challenge is Friday, July 27
- Must register at either Oak View or Pavilion facilities, code #500500; Free registration with MoveSpring app is required to log steps progress (link to registration will be included on your receipt; most technology that tracks steps works with MoveSpring i.e. apple watch, fitbit, android phone, etc)
- Manual entry of steps in MoveSpring app is allowed. Manual entry participants cannot win the overall steps grand prize, but will be eligible for the raffle prize drawing. Manual entry participants will need to count their steps or use a pedometer and log those steps in MoveSpring each day (participants can go back and edit the last 5 days of manual entries during the challenge)
- $15 per person, which includes t-shirt (sizes adult small-2XL) and entry into end of challenge raffle for prizes
- Grand Prize for overall steps leader
- Friday, Sept 28th the park district will announce the winners of the raffle and most overall steps on the website
- Everything must be synced on MoveSpring by Sept 24th
- Check here for updates on the challenge and our progress
Did you know...
- Fitness Classes at our Oak View Center and Community Pavilion facilities are a great way to add to your steps.
- Visit our parks and count your steps while taking part in the Oak Lawn Park District Parks Passport program (ask the front desk at any one of our facilities for more information on how you can get started with your very own passport to our parks today)!