**Update (7/24/17)** We have officially reached our community goal of 15 million steps for this summer! Thanks to such a great turnout for this steps challenge, we were able to reach this goal in only 34 days! We want everyone to continue to rock this challenge, so make sure to keep working towards your individual summer goal of 900,000 steps. In the meantime, we would like to issue a new challenge to double our original summer goal for a total of 30 million community steps! We know you can do it, so let’s see just how far our community can “step” past this challenge before summer’s end!
Join the Oak Lawn Park District this summer in achieving our goal of completing 15 million steps as a community! Register today and help us by seeing if you can reach your individual goal of 900,000 steps by summer's end! The challenge will run from June 21 - September 22, 2017. Registration deadline for this event is Friday, July 21. Please see below for the complete challenge rules and to see our progress towards 15 million steps!
Community Challenge: 15 Million Community Steps for Summer; Individual Goal of 900,000 Steps for Summer
- Starts and ends with the 2017 Summer Season! June 21 – Sept 22
- Registration Deadline for challenge is Friday, July 21
- Must register at either Oak View or Pavilion facilities, code #500500; Free registration with Stridekick is required to log steps progress (most technology that tracks steps works with Stridekick i.e. apple watch, fitbit, android phone, etc; manual entry is also allowed)
- $10 per person, which includes t-shirt (sizes adult small-2XL) and entry into end of challenge raffle for prizes
- Grand Prize for overall steps leader
- Friday, Sept 29th the park district will announce the winners of the raffle and most overall steps on the website
- Everything must be synced on Stridekick by Sept 24th
- Check here for updates on the challenge and our progress
- Fitness Classes at our Oak View Center and Community Pavilion facilities are a great way to add to your steps.
- Visit our parks and count your steps while taking part in the Oak Lawn Park District Parks Passport program (check our website for more information on how to get started with your very own passport today).