Oak Lawn Park District gymnastics and tumbling programs are located at the Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center. Programs are available from toddler classes through adult gymnastics classes and are year-round. Our programs are fun, educational, safe, and can help your child to increase coordination, flexibility, strength, and self-esteem. Classes are offered both boys and girls. Typical class offerings include:
- Girls & Boys Preschool Gymnastics
- Grown Up & Me (ages 1 & 2)
- Open Gym
- USAG Men's & Women's Competitive Gymnastics Team
- Gymnastics & Gym Ninja Birthday Parties
Gym Ninjas and Jr Gym Ninjas
Boys School Aged Gymnastics
Special Olympic Gymnastics
Bars Boot Camp
Sports & Agility
Private Lessons for Gymnastics or Tumbling
Family Special Events
Kids Night Out
Open Gym Summer Hours (June-August):
- School Ages Gymnastics (6 years & up)
- Tuesdays - 1:30-2:30 pm
- Preschool Playtime (1-5 years)
- Tuesday's - 12:30-1:30 pm
- Tumbling Open Gym
- Tuesdays - 8:30-9:30 pm
What to bring to class:
- We ask that each participant be dress appropriately and ready for class. It is recommended that participants registered for a class longer than 1.25 hours bring a filled water bottle.
- Participants will use the cubby holes to place their shoes and water bottle while they are in class.
What to wear for class:
- Grownup & Me class- ages 1 & 2 years and grownup should have comfortable clothing, no shoes in the gym area for both grownup and toddler,
- Girls Gymnastics-leotard; long hair should be pulled back. No tights, socks, or jewelry.
- Tumblers/Ninjas-t-shirt tucked in or tank top with shorts, NO sports bras only, or shirts that show your belly may be worn. Long hair should be
- pulled back. No shoes or Jewelry
- Boys Gymnastics-wear sweat pants or shorts with a t-shirt tucked in. No jeans.
Class Evaluation Process:
- We use on online skill charting program to evaluate progress of our student in our Preschool and School aged Gymnastics and tumbling programs.
- Student evaluations will take place towards the end of each session. Once a child has mastered all the required skills they will be promoted to the next level for the next session of classes.
- Students will be notified if they are promoted to next level when evaluations are completed.
- You should always register your child for the next session in the level they are currently working in. If they need to be moved to the next level after you registered please contact email@example.com or stop by the front desk to have your child transferred to the next level.
- For further information please contact Deidre White firstname.lastname@example.org