Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center
Racquet Center Phase 4 Adjustments (starting 6/26)
We are excited to announce the fitness center at the Racquet Center will reopen on Friday, June 26th! To keep our patrons safe we will be following the guidelines from Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. We know you are eager to return to your fitness routine, but we do need your cooperation to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all. Please note that we are temporarily adjusting our hours while we navigate through this situation.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 6:00a-10:00p
Tuesday & Thursday 7:00a-10:00p
Current Tennis Member discount of $6 for adult drills
Tennis Drills Adult Prime Drill: $31
Adult Non-Prime Drill: $26
1-hour Drill (10:00-11:00A): $16
Youth Drill: $15
ll drills are ages 18 & up except for the Youth Drill on Fridays.
Drills are offered year round.
Private Tennis Lessons
One on One lessons
1 Hour lesson for one student $56
Semi-Private 1 hour Lessons
2 & Pro $32 per person
3 & Pro $24 per person
Current Tennis Members receive a $6 discount on Private lesson
Pickle ball play is available with a reservation.
*Players should bring/play with your own paddle and balls.
Monday- Friday 7:00 a-Noon $5/player
Monday nights 6:00 p-9:00 p $7/player
Reservations can be made by phone 708-857-2215.
Please review what to expect and what we ask of you in regards to policies and procedures related to COVID-19 before your first visit back. Please note your membership will be extended for the 100 days we were closed for the shutdown. You can check with the front desk for your new expiration date.
What to expect as a Fitness Member:
- Additional cleaning of fitness equipment and throughout the facility.
- Staff wearing masks when in common areas of the facility.
- The fitness center will be limited to 7 patrons in the north room & 11 patrons in the south room. (numbers represent 50% capacity of the fitness center)
- Touchless bottle fillers will be available, drinking fountain features have been disabled.
- Sauna and steam rooms will remain closed at this time.
What we ask of Fitness Members:
- Please wear a mask when entering the facility, in common areas such as the lobby, bathrooms, and locker rooms.
* Masks may be removed during your workout.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between you and other members.
- Practice Fitness Distancing by keeping one piece of equipment between you and the next member while working out. (facility has been set up to maintain 6 ft distance when this is done)
- Please wipe down any equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use. Disinfecting supplies will be provided in the fitness center for patrons to use.
- Most importantly if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home.
*Symptoms include fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, cough, sore throat, and or a loss of taste or smell.
RACQUET SPORTS PLAYER RESPONSIBILITIES/ GUIDELINES
- Reservations or registration are required for anyone entering the facility. Reservations can be made online at olparks.com or by phone 708-857-2215.
(Call us from the parking lot if you have to.)
- Enter the facility no more than 5 minutes before your reservation start time.
- We are encouraging patrons to pay with a credit card or exact change.
- Patrons should wear masks as they walk in/around facility but can take them off once they enter court area.
- Players should bring/play with your own racquet or paddle.
- Players should bring their own can of balls, not share, and only serve their balls.
Example-different brands or same brand/different numbers. Pickle ball players can use different color balls.
- Kick balls back to server and do not pick up.
- Players should not change sides during match play and should maintain physical distancing.
- Refrain from handshakes/paddle taps at the beginning or end of the match.
- Playing singles is preferred, but not required.
- Drill instructor will pick up the balls- please help by kicking balls towards net during ball pick up.
- Tennis Facility and Player Safety Guidance for your reference.
5 Tennis Courts, 4 Pickleball Courts, 4 Baseball Cages, 2 Racquetball/Wallyball Courts, 2 Badminton Courts, Fitness Room, 2 party rooms, and a Gymnastics Center.
Situated near Stony Creek and across from Richards High School, the Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center offers a complete fitness experience for all ages. Tennis lessons, camps, and leagues are available for the beginner to the advanced player on its 5 tennis courts; traveling leagues are offered for men and women. We have a Pickleball program with Drop in Play 5 days a week, Monday through Friday 6am- noon, and again from 6pm to 10pm for $7 per player. The Center also features 2 racquetball courts, which can be used for wallyball open play, tournaments or rentals. You will also find a fitness center complete with treadmills, cross-trainers, step machines, free weights and more plus massage therapy, and chiropractic-wellness services.
The Racquet Center offers memberships for fitness, tennis, racquetball/handball and wallyball. See membership information below.
The Center is home to the park district's very popular gymnastics program. Gymnastics and tumbling classes for boys and girls held in the state of the art gymnastics/fitness center for kids at the west end of the Center including parent/tot gymnastics, gymnastics parties, field trips, open gyms, adult gymnastics, sports & agility, preschool gymnastics, USAG girls competitive team, cheer/tumbling, Special Olympics, boys only classes and USAG boys competitive team.
We also offer Baseball Camps, Hitting and Pitching Private Lessons and Cage Rentals.
We will host all classes as originally scheduled unless the building is closed for one of the holidays listed or an emergency situation arises. New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We have abbreviated hours on New Year's Eve Day. * We do not cancel classes for the typical school holidays. *
Racquet Center Membership Information
Annual Tennis: $250 (on or after 9/01/20) (membership runs September through August)
Racquetball/handball: $40 (monthly)
Wallyball: $112/yearly (membership runs September through August)
Fitness: $150/yearly $140/yearly- Senior Rate (calendar year)
Member Court Rates
(Member must pay an annual membership fee in addition to court time)
Tennis Member Non-Prime: $20/ct hour 6:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday- Friday
Tennis Member Prime: $25/ct hour Sunday & Saturday all day Monday- Friday 4:00-close
Tennis Guest Fee: $6 at all times
Wallyball Member: $20/ct hour
Racquetball Member: included in monthly membership
Non-Member Court Rates
Tennis Non-Member: $40/ct hour
Racquetball Non-Member: $5/player
Wallyball Non-Member: $25/ct hour
Pickleball Drop-in Play
Monday-Friday morning from 6:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. $5 per player.
Monday Nights 6:00-9:00 p.m. $7 per player Competitive Play
Baseball Cage Rental
$10/half hour - To make a court or cage reservation or for more information please call 708-857-2215.
The Oak Lawn Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center is a proud awardee of the 2018 USTA Oustanding Facility Award.
Read Press Release
Racquet & Gymnastics Center
Situated near Stony Creek and across from Richards High School, the Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center offers a complete fitness experience for all ages.